Joe M. Turner is a professional speaker, mentalist, and magician based in Atlanta, Georgia. A brand engagement and audience impact specialist, he creates customized corporate magic presentations and keynotes for promotional, motivational, and entertainment events in the United States and around the world.
Joe's title, "Chief Impossibility Officer," alludes to his corporate background prior to his magical entertainment and speaking career, as well as his expertise in adapting his performances to entertain and amaze his audiences while emphasizing specific marketing or inspirational messages.
Because of his work as a magic consultant, writer and director for theatre, film and cause-related promotional projects on the national scale, Joe is sometimes called "America's Corporate Conjuror." He has entertained prominent elected officials, sports figures, corporate leaders and other celebrities. He has been featured in numerous television, radio and print appearances, including Good Morning America, Nightline, and a highly rated feature on CNN Headline News.
Joe combines eight years of corporate experience in training design and development, business communication, human performance development and change management initiatives at Fortune 100 clients with extensive theatre experience and magical talents to create customized magical presentations for his clients.
Joe served as the 2015-2016 International President of the International Brotherhood of Magicians, the largest association in the magic industry with approximately 10,000 members in 88 countries. He is a Life Member of the IBM. He is also a member of the National Speakers Association, the Academy of Magical Arts at The Magic Castle in Hollywood, the Society of American Magicians (Life Member), The Magic Circle in London (A.I.M.C. with Silver Star), and the Fellowship of Christian Magicians. He is also a popular speaker, onscreen and onstage talent, a professional pianist, an accomplished vocalist, composer and playwright. He and his wife have one daughter and one son.
“The art of magic is an imaginative act of rebellion against reality and other similarly boring constraints.”
— Joe M. Turner
"The whole point of magic is that something doesn't have to be possible in order to be experienced, so we can stop using impossibility as an excuse."
— Joe M. Turner
THE MAGIC CASTLE
Joe was the first Georgia magician and first Mississippian to perform in all three showrooms at The Magic Castle in Hollywood, California:
- - The Close-Up Gallery, for intimate sleight-of-hand performance
- - The Parlour of Prestidigitation, for cabaret-scale performance
- - The Palace of Mystery, for stage magic performance
Only a few elite performers have ever attained this "triple crown" honor. This distinctive mark of excellence and versatility means that Joe delivers the highest professional performance standards in a variety of venues, adapting to his clients' specific event needs without compromising excellence in performance.
Atlanta magicians and performers around the world consistently recognize Joe with awards for his exceptional technical and artistic skill.
During the 2020 pandemic, Joe was tapped to host and perform in the Magic Castle Virtual Show, becoming the first Atlanta magician to do appear on the program.
THE MAGIC CIRCLE
Joe received unanimous election to The Magic Circle in London, with the unusual distinction of immediate advancement to the degree of Associate of the Inner Magic Circle (A.I.M.C.) with Silver Star.
ATLANTA MAGIC AWARDS
- - J.C. Doty Award for Excellence in Stage Magic*
- - Doyne Michie Award for Excellence in Close-Up Magic*
*Note: First performer to ever win both of the above awards
- - Greater Atlanta Magician of the Year, 2013 (nominated by both IBM Ring 9 and SAM Assembly 30)
- - Greater Atlanta Magician of the Year, 2010
- - Greater Atlanta Magician of the Year, 2000
- - Georgia Magic Club "President's Award," 2002
- - FEA Atlanta Magician of the Year, 2009
- - More than a dozen IBM Ring 9 magical performance awards.
Joe is featured extensively in this segment on Public Broadcasting Atlanta's "This Is Atlanta." Enjoy!
CLOSE UP SLEIGHT-OF-HAND MAGIC COMPETITION AWARDS
- Atlanta Harvest of Magic (Atlanta, GA), First Place
- Winter Carnival of Magic (Gatlinburg, TN), First Place
- South Carolina Association of Magicians (Columbia, SC), First Place
- Winter Carnival of Magic (Gatlinburg, TN), 2nd place
ORGANIZATIONAL AWARDS AND OFFICES
International Brotherhood of Magicians
- The Linking Ring Award of Excellence, 2020
- IBM International President: 2015-2016
- IBM International President-Elect: 2014-2015
- IBM International Vice President: 2013-2014
- IBM International Executive Committee: 2009-2012
- IBM Territorial Vice President for Georgia: 2006-2013
- President, Georgia Magic Club/IBM Ring 9: 2000, 2001
- Vice President, Georgia Magic Club/IBM Ring 9: 2002
- Certificate of Appreciation: International Brotherhood of Magicians
Society of American Magicians
- Deputy Regional Vice President, Georgia, 2019-2020
- President, Atlanta Society of Magicians/SAM Assembly 30, 2002
- Vice President, Atlanta Society of Magicians/SAM Assembly 30, 2004
- Member, Academy of Magical Arts - The Magic Castle, Hollywood
- Associate of the Inner Magic Circle - The Magic Circle, London, England
- Board of Directors, Family Entertainers Hall of Fame
- Executive Secretary, Southeastern Association of Magicians, 2001-2002
- Member, Atlanta Coalition of Performing Artists