On the BusinessRadioX network, host Jim Beach interviewed me on his “School for Startups” program. The topic, “How to Build a Speaking Career,” was suggested by Jim after we met at a Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce event, and that premise formed the backbone of the hour-long talk.
In this radio interview, I took a basic four-step approach to addressing the topic.
- Identify a problem
- Create a credible solution
- Present to an audience that want to hear
- In a way they like
Along the way, though, Jim was very interested in the components of my “5 Kinds of Amazing” keynote, so you’ll hear about how I line up magic experiences and business competencies to teach businesses how to use lessons from the magical theatre to increase their audience’s brand engagement.
5 Kinds of Amazing
- Talent – Expertise (highly developed skill, deep knowledge)
- Science – Process (natural laws with a surprise)
- Magic – Empowerment (breaking the laws/process)
- Telepathy – Communication (how close can you get to mindreading)
- Predictions – Trendspotting (anticipating/creating the future)
You can listen below, or click here to visit the School for Startups page and enjoy or download the interview there.
[gn_media url=”http://schoolforstartups.businessradiox.com/podcasts/SchoolforStartups/SchoolForStartups20130128.mp3″ width=”300″ height=”80″]
We shot a bonus video, too – you can watch it below or go straight to the YouTube page.
[gn_media url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ3hR22Zjlg” width=”500″ height=”333″]
BusinessRadioX features business professionals interviewing their peers, drilling down on the critical issues, and delivering practical information to an engaged audience.