7 Magical Lessons You Should Have Learned In Business School
Over the past few weeks we’ve discussed several principles from the world of magic and illusion that have meaningful application to the business world.Now that we’ve finished, here’s a handy summary of what we’ve learned. (You can click each item to go to the detailed write-up for that principle.)
- Audiences will gladly pay to be amazed.
- Mystery is valuable.
- If it doesn’t look like magic, it still needs work.
- The audience need not know the details of the process.
- Smoother is better than faster.
- Props should be in good condition, but not the star of the show.
- It’s not “misdirection,” it’s “direction.”
Those are just a handful of excellent principles that magicians have to think about on a regular basis, but which can affect the way you manage your branding, marketing, sales, leadership, management, or other business processes.
Think about it – as kids, most of us went through a magic phase. If only we’d had the right insights about it, we might have come away as business prodigies! Now that you’ve read this article, though, you can enjoy your brand new MBA – Master of Business Astonishment!